Re: Swap

On Tue, 2016-02-09 at 03:21 -0600, Paul Johnson wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 7, 2016 at 3:57 AM, llcfree <llcfree@gmail.com> wrote:
>         On Sun, 2016-02-07 at 00:39 +0100, Matus UHLAR - fantomas
>         wrote:
>         > On 06.02.16 16:52, Leslie S Satenstein wrote:
>         > >Every few weeks I delete my Linux partitions on the SSD and
>         I reinstall
>         > > (another ) system.  The reason I do it that way is simple
>         -- I look at a
>         > > lot of software, and it is easier to reinstall the system
>         with what I want
>         > > to keep, than to uninstall what I do not want to keep.And
>         I stay with the
>         > > 7.8gigs swap for my 8 gigs of ram.
>         >
>         > tried running cruft already?
>
>         What about:
>
>         apt-get autoremove
>

> Careful with this in a multiarch environment with amd64 as the primary
> arch.  Doing this if you have steam:i386 installed will make steam
> count to potato.

As I already said, I was making the assumption that we are in a pure
debian blending, so please consider what I am saying in that context and
not as a personal attack :)

From:
https://wiki.debian.org/Steam

Steam is a proprietary content delivery and management application for
PC software with GNU/Linux support. It is packaged for Debian in
non-free

I would recommend to specify the context in which one is acting. This
would help to help.

For example, I was confused by the whole discussion so far, starting
from the improper usage of the subject line, to which not all of us are
psycologically prepared ... Old habits ...

Cheers,
Loredana