Re: Intel Corporation Wireless 7260 (rev bb) and ilwifi on debian jessie

Thanks for your help.

I'll buy a FOSS friendly Network Card.

Now, just for a better understanding..
I'd like to know what do you thing about this.
Because probably you are more expert than me

On 21/01/15 13:25, Bjørn Mork wrote:

> How about the firmware on your SSD?

Yes, this is another bad problem that I can't resolve now. A possible
workaround is to use full disk encryption, I guess.

>Or the firmware controlling the touchpad?

Probably this problem is not so serious. IMHO is not a security/privacy
problem, but is still a freedom problem.

>Just accept the fact that a modern computer is made up of
> a large number of separate systems,

You right.

The problem is "how the nonfree separate system can interact with the
main system?

Wifi-Card --> Can manage network traffic
Hdd --> Can do horrible stuff like http://spritesmods.com/?art=hddhack
keyboard --> log key...

>In theory it is of course
> possible to open it all up. In practice it is probably easier to design
> it all from scratch.
>
> Good luck with that.

Thanks, Regards