Touchpad in KDE Lenny

Just re-sized my linux partition and installed Debian Lenny KDE.  Have
been running Etch with Gnome for months now but thought I'd give KDE a
try.   The install went flawlessly and getting wireless up and running
only required copying the intel files into /lib/firmware, doing a
restart and boom I was up and running.
I can't find a way to control the touchpad.  I can move the cursor but
scrolling doesn't work and the sensitivity is way too high.
If I go to the control center there's no entry for the touchpad in the
peripherals section, though there is an entry for a mouse.
Have done some searching and not really found anything that worked.  Did
try adding the following to the xorg.conf folder:
     Section "InputDevice"
   Identifier    "Synaptics Touchpad"
   Driver        "synaptics"
   Option        "SendCoreEvents"    "true"
   Option        "Device"        "/dev/psaux"
   Option        "Protocol"        "auto-dev"
          Option        "HorizScrollDelta"    "0"
       Option          "SHMConfig"            "true"
EndSection

That however hasn't done anything.

Anyone know how I can get a handle on this.

Jaime