Toshiba A105-S2101 Laptop - minor issues

I have loaded Debian "Testing" on my Toshiba A105-S2101 laptop.  I
have to say that I am pleased overall.

The 2.6.15 & 2.6.17 kernels work well, although 2.6.16 seems to cause
the audio to "loop".

The internal network card works without any problems.  The internal
modem and wireless networking don't as yet.

I have been told that I might be able to get the modem working using
the sl-modem packages.    I haven't had a chance to test this.  Has
anyone managed it?

Also, I have read that the Madwifi packages might not currently work
with the internal wireless.  I would prefer using the Madwifi over the
ndiswrapper because I think it would handle upgrades better in the
long term (speculation on my part).

Worst case, I will use the ndiswrapper-modules when they are updated
for the 2.6.17 kernels.  Right now they are available for 2.6.16, but
that kernel gives me audio problems.

Video seems to work fine.  I don't have the ATI driver installed, so I
just am using whatever xorg chose.  I suppose I could install ATI
binaries and gain 3D video, but I would prefer to keep everything
"apt-able".

With all that said, has anyone managed to get the modem, wireless, and
anything I might not have checked yet (dvd control buttons, etc.)
working?  When I get this finished I will put a report on the Linux on
Laptops page and related sites.  Again, I would prefer to use as much
"apt-able" sources as possible to minimise my error.

Thanks all,
Preston