HP Pavilion ze2401xt Notebook

I wonder if there are any ideas/recommendations/pointers to install
sid or sarge in this machine. I have made X work with vesa driver, the
problems that i have so far are:

* no sound (altec lansing), alsoconf from sarge didnt see any sound
  card, will try next sid's version.

* the ati driver does not work (ati radeon xpress 200m igp), with the
  vesa driver not bad.

* the touch pad comes with a vertical line to be used for vertical
  scrolling, anybody knows how to make it work?

* wireless connection, hmm, haven't tried it yet, my lan is cabled, but
  i wonder if someone has a script that would activate the wireless if
  no cable is plugged to the ethernet card (cable internet works fine),
  the wireless hardware is 54g 802.11b/g wlan with 125hsm/speed booster
  support. How do you establish wireless connection by the way?

* the cd recording haven't tried yet, but should work fine.

I think this is all.

thanks