Re: Thinkpad Z60T suspend to ram

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 22:24:05 -0500
Lei Kong <lei.kong@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have problems with getting suspend-to-ram/resume work on
> my thinkpad z60t. When resuming, it always gave me a blank screen.
> I know the machine is running because I can ssh onto it.

> Anyone has a clue how to get this work? I would appreciate it
> very much if you can share your experience. Laptop without
> suspend really sucks!
>
> Lei

Hi Lei Kong,

the problem is that the video card does not pick up.

Switch to console mode before suspending (example ctrl+alt+F1). Or do it with a script as described in the snip below.

[snip]
chvt 1
sleep 1
echo -n "mem" > /sys/power/state
vbetool post
chvt 7
[/snip]

Also nice to include
[snip]
xscreensaver-command -lock
[/snip]
before the suspension, so your computer is always locked after resume.

Regards,

Rob de Graaf