Re: A notebook for Debian?

Thanks indeed to all who wrote.

In the net I could find some very good occasions with some
of the notebooks that have been suggested.
But the trouble is, that most of them are without
a DVD recorder, and I wish a computer with a DVD recorder.
Some other, like the Dell Inspiron 8200, are too expensive.
Please, some not too expensive model with a DVD recorder,
supporting Debian Sarge 3.1 and (possibly) Mandrake 10.1?
You see, I need a gradual migration from Mandrake to Debian.
(From the postings in the present thread it seems to come out
 that Compaq and IBM notebooks are very good with linux, but either old
 or dear.)

Rodolfo