Re: /root/.kde folder missing. What to do now?

On Tuesday 21 June 2005 16:24, teefour wrote:
> > Benedek Frank wrote:
> >> When I check the /root/.kde folder is missing as it is. What should I do
> >> to replace it? I tried to log in to KDE as root, hoping it would
> >> recreate it, but it seems KDE wont let me log in as root.
>
> this is a good thing; don't use X as root.
>
> you can simply move your and root's .kde* .dcop* etc. out of the way and
> wait for kde to recreate them (some settings will be gone then).
>
> hth,
> teefour
Thanks. Yes, I am already done with this. I am sorry I didnt post back, but
somewhere on the net I found the solution. WHat I did, is I created a
~/.xinitrd file, and this is what I had in it

exec enlightenment

It worked like a charm.

Thanks for all the help, and I agree that Root shouldnt run KDE.

Ben