Re: ACPI battery charge strange, %-age decreases even on AC

OoO En cette  matinée pluvieuse du vendredi 17  juin 2005, vers 10:16,
Benedek Frank <linux@celifornia.com> disait:

> My Sony Vaio got a new (non-OEM) battery. It works good, gives me a little
> over 2 hours of battery time. However, when I charge it up and leave the
> laptop plugged in for days, it will start to loose its charge. About 1% in
> two days. This goes as follows:

> I charge it, it is 100%. Two days later, it will show only 99%, even though in
> this 2 days, the AC adapter wasnt unplugged, not even for a second. Then, 2
> days later it will be 98%. Now 98% for me. Before a week ago, when it
> happened the same way, at 99% I tok it off the AC, let it use the battery
> completely around 2 and half hours, and then recharged it. It was 100 and
> then it went down to 99 again in 2 days. Why is that?

To avoid premature  death of your battery, the  system does not charge
battery when it  is charged above 95% (or a  different number, you may
wait a few  more days to see when it starts  charging again). It means
that when your  battery is charged and your laptop  on AC, the battery
starts discharging as if it was unplugged (at a very low rate).
--
Instrument your programs.  Measure before making "efficiency" changes.