Re: Awakening from suspend-to-mem

On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 15:59 +0300, Alexander A. Vlasov wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Your scripts is definitely better, thanks. One thing I can't understand:
> why should we run some commands in subshell and why so many sleeps (one
> for avoiding race between powerbutton and lid).

Too many sleeps is definitely a bad thing!

One sleep is because after you echo 'mem' >/sys/power/state there will
be some inevitable delay before the system is actually suspended.  At
this point a 1 second sleep will ensure that things happening _after_
the 1 second sleep will happen during resume....

The other sleeps are probably not necessary, although if you are
avoiding a response to the power button, it may still be being pressed
within 1 second of the resume, so no real harm delaying a response to
it.

Running stuff in a subshelll is 'optional'.  It happens to be the way I
do it, but is definitely debatable whether it is a good idea!

> Well, about screen:
> First, I have to correct myself. Screen sometimes remains blank,
> sometimes it is blank with some garbage.
> But without framebuffer (vga=normal) and in X resuming works fine.
>
> I use 2.6.11 from Sid (because of ondemand governor absent in
> Sarge's 2.6.8), but all other packages are from Sarge.
>
> Video hardware:
> 0000:00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corp. 82852/855GM
> Integrated Graphics Device (rev 02)

Sounds like you know what to do to make it work, and since I have
different hardware I will leave it to you to tell everyone what is the
correct way :-)

Thanks,
					Andrew McMillan.

Andrew @ Catalyst .Net .NZ  Ltd,  PO Box 11-053, Manners St,  Wellington
WEB: http://catalyst.net.nz/            PHYS: Level 2, 150-154 Willis St
DDI: +64(4)803-2201      MOB: +64(272)DEBIAN      OFFICE: +64(4)499-2267
    question = ( to ) ? be : ! be;
                -- Wm. Shakespeare