Re: Awakening from suspend-to-mem

On Thursday 12 May 2005 11:30 pm, Javier-Elias Vasquez-Vivas wrote:
> Although I'm not familiar with this thread, I don't agree with last
> comment.  I don't like using KDE/Gnome.  I actually don't use desktop
> manager at all, I just use flucbox on top of X and that's it...  I
> have installed debian/linux on 2 laptops (inspiron 600M and ibm T40)
> with such configuration...
>
> So like me there might be others not using KDE/Gnome environment, and
> might want to have alternatives...  So why stopping them from working
> on them?

I'm not trying to stop anyone. I just gave my opinion.
If you try to look truly, how many people like you might be there using just a
terminal to do all their work ?
Integration is an important factor in GUI and KDE rocks there. So I still
predict most people might be using KDE/GNOME. And if there is an excellent
utility (klaptopdaemon) which is well integrated to the DE why use a third
party tool ?
That was what I was trying to explain.

rrs
--