Re: Kernel 2.6.xx

hi,

Atanas Atanasov wrote:
<snip>

I have a desktop with the 3c940/marvell onboard which uses the sk98lin driver. When I first installed on it, woody was still the way to go. Of course, the nic was not supported at that time. (kernel 2.4.18bf2) So I installed the system as usual from cd and afterwards copied kernel sources (an usb stick might be a good choice here) onto the hard disk, thus enabling me to compile a newer kernel with the sk98lin. After installing it I could resume the rest of the installation.
Meanwhile the system is running sarge and a current 2.6 kernel.

hth,

teefour