Re: Thinkpad t40p with Linux Kernels 2.4 <-> 2.6

Hello.

On Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 10:56:52PM +0100, Lukas Ruf wrote:
> > I'm not sure if Fn-F4 has an acpi event.  With ibm-acpi all Fn
> > F[1-12] keys give an event. :)
> >
> ????

With normal acpi, there is an acpi event, when you close the lid. I'm
not sure, if there is an acpi event, when pressing Fn+F4. You need the
event, to execute the shell script.

The other thing i mean, is that there are more events with the
ibm-acpi module. If you press Fn+F1, it give an event, and it is
another than Fn+F7 for example.

> So, you do not use software-suspend 2??  Does this mean 2.6.11.5 would
> do hibernation on swap-partitions too?  Is this the trick with the
> 'resume=/dev/hdaX' kernel parameter when booting Linux?

Sorry, i wrote mistakable. I don't use hibernate at all. Only suspend
to ram with acpi.

> crashed my system ten days ago.....  So, I would need to give it a try
> without sw2....

That ist not nice. On the linux-thinkpad ml i read a lot about sw2
2.6.* and ibm-acpi, it should work. Maybe you can search the archive,
and find a hint.

Stefan Schmidt