Re: partition table numberings

The only shrinking of lifetime is due to the rebooting.
Depending on your drive it has (for instance) 100000 MTBF.

Every reboot costs you an hour (rule of thumb) if the harddrive spins down before rebooting.

Other than that I would not worry, and a few reboots won't break your disc either.

Regards,

Arjen