Medion MD 95400 and Debian GNU/Linux

Hi,

I bought this notebook in ALDI at the 02/24/2005. I could resize the WinXP-Partitions with QtParted (www.sysresccd.org). First I installed Debian Sarge on my Notebook with kernel 2.6.8; the network card was automatically correctly configured; but Sarge's XFree86 server didn't support the graphics card; so I upgraded to Debian Sid. In Sid my graphics card was supported, also my optical microsoft wheel mouse.
(I didn't manage to configure the MEDION mouse correctly.)
I could also manage to get a screen resolution of 1280x800 by inserting modelines into /etc/X11/XF86Config-4.

But now I have serious problems with my keyboard. The keys in the overlayed number-keypad produce under XFree86 4.3.0 different characters at the same pressed key. It was a great mess. I had serious problems to login in graphical mode. So I configured ~/.xmodmaprc and bound the different keycodes to the same keysym. Now I can work in XFree86 but the keyboard problem is only partially solved.

I'm stuck with this problem. Can somebody help me?

Cheers,

Steffen Schuler

email: schuler [DOT] steffen [AT] gmx [DOT] de