Re: Dhcp debian install

On 16 Aug 2004, Gustavo Halperin wrote:
> I'm trying to install debian Linux on my portege R100. I haven't
> floppy or CDRom, but I have another laptop with CDRom, therefore I'm
> trying to made DHPC boot with PXElinux. The boot is OK, I use for it
> 'root.bin' and 'rescue.bin' on '/tftpboot/.' with PXElinux. The
> problem is coming when I need to load the base system (base.tar.gz)
> that is also in the server. My question is if is possible to mount the
> '/tftpboot' in the client in any way or how made some Kernel image
> that include also the base system and which parameters give to
> 'PXElinux' for this case. Also I will thanks any other solution .

IIRC, the correct way to do this is to provide an NFS mount that the
installer can use to access the base system and other modules.

This covers what you need to do in some detail, from the Debian install
manual:

<http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch-install-methods.en.html#s-install-tftp>

        Daniel
--
Many people suffer with their thoughts, not knowing that revealing them on
paper, continuously over a two hour period, removes the stinging bitterness