Re: [OT] Laptop in a pannier bag?

Nicolas wrote:

Hi,

I know it's a little off topic, but if you use Debian on a laptop, you must be a little "geeky". I go to work every day with my byke ane my laptop in a backpak. It is a little hot and the laptop have a lots of stress since my back is "round" while pedalling. I would like to put my laptop (it's realy mine, not the cie one) in a pannier (rear side bag for the byke), but I don't know if it is good for the laptop. I live in Montreal and the roads are better in Arfganistan after a US bombing... So i'd like to know if any of you ever put a laptop in that kind a byke and still have it (in working condition).

Also if you have any suggestion to carry safely my laptop, I'd like to know them.

	Nic Cola
You can purchase lightweight frames and padded sleeves specifically designed to hold a laptop safely in a backpack. I would assume that with enough padding the "saddle bag" would be fine too, but your back is probably a better cushion/shock absorber than the bicycle frame.

Nate Duehr, nate@natetech.com