hotplug vs pcmcia-cs

Hi, everyone,
    I need some hints on how to let hotplug manage my pcmcia wireless card.

    Until now, I have been using pcmcia-cs package to manage my Linksys
pcmcia wireless card. It works great. I use the driver provided by kernel
(2.6.4). For pcmcia-cs package, I only use its utilities (e.g. cardmgr,
scripts, ...), not the its driver. But since I need hotplug to manage my usb
stuff (memory key, mouse), I would love to have hotplug to manage my
wireless card too!

    If I boot my machine without starting pcmcia-cs service, I won't be able
to "ifup eth1" (eth0 is the built-in ethernet card), even though all the
driver modules are loaded. It complains "No such device". Plug in and out
the card, I expect to see some log message by hotplug system at
/var/log/message, but nothing at all! Now if I run "cardmgr", eth1 will be
automatically up. This gives me some confidence that the drivers are fine.

Here is my question:

1) Is it possible to get rid of pcmcia-cs package, and let hotplug to manage
my card? All the drivers are provided by kernel.

2) I suppose kernel will send hotplug system some message when the card is
plugged in and out. Is it true? If so, how to get that? FYI, when I plug in
and out my usb mouse, hotplug gets called, and related message is logged
into /var/log/message.

Thank you for any hint!

--
Yours sincerely,