Re: wireless configuration questions

On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 01:41:22PM -0700, Tim Folger wrote:
> Thanks again for all your help. I'll try to tackle it this weekend. With
> any luck debian will soon be my main os.
> >>, so I think I'll wait for the (imminent?) release
> >>of sarge and then start over again. Assuming I'm able to configure the
> >>card using only /etc/network/interfaces, would I also need to start the
> >>interface from a console with ifup whenever I reboot?  Just out of
> >>curiosity, are you using woody, sarge, or sid?

hotplug is key here.  I have not done orinco yet byt Thomas has been
making nice efforts to enable it.

  See here:
  http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/ch-gateway.en.html

  or (slghtly newer today)
  http://qref.sourceforge.net/Debian/reference/ch-tune.en.html

For this matter, I was a student of Thomas who wrote this chapter and
filed all the bug report to make everything work with
/etc/network/interfaces :-)

Osamu