Re: Kernel 2.6 and Dell Inspiron laptop

On Wed, 2003-08-13 at 09:06, Xavier Maillard wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Did anybody try to compile such a kernel for this laptop model ?
>
> I am going nuts trying to find out what option to activate, what not
> etc...
>
> I would be interested in having a .config for my model, anybody ?
>
> Another question; is ACPI support in this kernel enough to use it in
> place of the APM ?

What Inspiron Model ?

Inspiron is a whole branch of notebooks, that spread from oldish ones (i
know them back to the 7000, which was a co-branded one, P2-400) to the
newest ones like the 600m (ACPI only, Pentium M, Centrino)

So the Model no. would be quite important.

Regards,
Martin List-Petersen
martin at list-petersen dot se
--
air, n.:
A nutritious substance supplied by a bountiful Providence for the