Re: Debian with Intel Centrino

On Fri, Jul 04, 2003 at 08:38:07PM +0200, Armin Spitznas wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm going to buy a new Notebook and would like to know if it is a good
> idea to get a Centrino processor.
> Is there already support for this proc?

The only things that I have some doubt is the wireless support.
There may be also a need to go with ACPI (some of centrino platform
use now a legacy free BIOS).  And there may be a need to upgrade
XFree (but that is a general though about new video chipsets).

A little note, though.  A centrino processor do not exist.  It is
a Pentium-M, aka Banias, and performance states (aka changing
frequency/voltage) is supported under Linux.

Cheers,

--
Ducrot Bruno

--  Which is worse:  ignorance or apathy?
--  Don't know.  Don't care.