Re: Problem with Netgear MA401 wlan card

On Mon, May 26, 2003 at 10:29:48PM +0200, niklas adolfsson wrote:
> niklas adolfsson wrote:
>
> I am still interested on how to make it work fully, but i dont want to
> experiment, i don't download big files on this system, only check mail
> and surf the internet so i am not really in need of more than 12 kb/s

I have the same problem.  The driver freezes consuming a lot of cpu.  A
reset of the card will do to get it back.

I use this script as a work around.  When I start the laptop, I run this
as root on a console.  It pings my accesspoint every two seconds and
resets the card if stuck.

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

use strict;
use warnings;

use Net::Ping;

my $pinghost = "192.168.1.37";
my $p = Net::Ping->new($> ? 'udp' : 'icmp');
while (1) {
    if ($p->ping($pinghost, 2)) {
        print STDERR ".";
    } else {