Re: small screen

On Fri, 2002-12-06 at 01:12, Julien Motch wrote:
> I have just installed a debian 3.0 on my toshiba satelite laptop (
> Pentium I 100Mhz) .
> It boots un vga mode but nothing is displayed in the screen borders ( +-
> 3 cm ) . I have tried the combinations cabs 'Fn t' but it does not
> change anything .
>
> Any ideas on how to have a full display ?

Either use 'svgatextmode' or enable frame-buffers in your kernel and
specify the correct framebuffer mode in your lilo or grub commandline.

SVGAtextmode works on most video chips... framebuffer has some more
limitations in supported chips, but can work better for those supported.

Do a google for either of these for some documentation.
--
Mark Janssen -- maniac(at)maniac.nl -- GnuPG Key Id: 357D2178
Unix / Linux, Open-Source and Internet Consultant @ SyConOS IT