Re: FIXED! X dies at suspend

On Wed, 2002-02-27 at 12:13, Jeff wrote:
> Alex Malinovich, 2002-Feb-27 06:58 -0600:
> > On Tue, 2002-02-26 at 11:53, Jay Ford wrote:
> >
> > And while I'm at it, any suggestions for getting the sound to cooperate
> > in Gnome? I've managed to get the OSS drivers working (compiled in
> > kernel) but I get no Gnome sounds, though XMMS works fine.
> >
> > -Alex
>
> Have you installed a sound daemon such as Esound?  I'm pretty
> sure Esound is supported in gnome.
Whoops... I forgot to check the permissions on esd. It was still set to
root:root. I have sound again. :) And I seem to have stumbled accross
the solution for the X shutdown problem as well. In the process of
troubleshooting the sound, I removed all of the ALSA packages that I had
installed and, interestingly enough, I can now suspend to RAM without X
dying on me. While I'm not sure why this happened, I'm just posting this
in the hopes that someone in the future may gain some benefit from it.
:)

-Alex