Re: Dell Inspiron 2500 PCMCIA issues

Hi!

I've just been working on the same problem ;)
And one of the things I figured out was that it was very important that the
pcmcia-cs package is to be found under /usr/src/modules/pcmcia-cs/ when you
compiles the kernel and the modules.
(in my place it was default put under /usr/src/pcmcia-cs-3.1.31/ :/)

The modules in kernel didn't work for me at all, so I switched off everything
with pcmcia in the kernel-config, and used pcmcia-cs as standalone.

And if you already have done this, or it still doesn't work, try to look if
your cardbus is marked as auto in your bios. If it is, mark it as cardbus or
anything apropriate...that one could also make some trouble.

-Sol-