pcmcia-cs in Woody (was Re: Spaming filter)

on Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 04:36:21PM -0800, Heather (star@betelgeuse.starshine.org) wrote:

> As far as I know, we don't make any strange methods to block or drop mail,
> because it might succeed in going overboard and eat legitimate mail, and
> this list exists to help everybody who has laptops and debian, not just
> individuals.  The correct response to spammers is:
> 	1. hit the delete key
> 	2. let the list sysadmin apply the current model of agonizer to them.

My personal experience with spamassassin over three weeks and 5300 mails
is 98% true positive, 1.7% false positive, 0.1% false negative, and
99.2% true negative scoring.  Pretty fnordammned impressive.  We're
looking at rolling it out as a value-add for clients at work (not to
mention sanity in the office).

> Ob Debian-laptop:  I notice that pcmcia-cs in "pure" woody is still
> (ugh) 3.1.22?  That's *ancient*!  sid has 3.1.31 - can we convince
> them to promote it over so the woody discs don't roll out hopelessly
> behind?  Or does anyone know of an abiding reason why they've let it
> rot?

...it works?

I got revved to 3.1.36 today on a 2.2 kernel.  The install/config are
based on 2.4, and break networking rather badly, based on both kernel
modules and card/driver associations.  For the gory details, see

Peace.