Re: apm death

Adam C Powell IV wrote:

Tom Allison wrote:

bleah!
I upgraded to kernel 2.4 and am running into a problem with apm suspend/sleep.

Just one little check:

With 2.2, APM is enabled in the kernel by putting "apm=on" in the boot arguments.

With 2.4 (at least the pre-built kernel-image packages), you have to load the apm module; the "right way" to do this is using modconf. Have you done this?

Zeen,

Yes, and the problem has more to do with a badly behaving pcmcia card than anything else. I've since moved off wvlan_cs over to orinoco_cs with some improvement. Apm works OK, but now the network connection is a little flakey. There's a lot of errors being thrown sometimes.