Re: Modem of notebook hp xe3

My apologies, but I have been away from e-mail
for quite some time....

The internal modem on the xe3 is, unfortunately,
a winmodem.  We are working on several possible
solutions to this problem (getting the winmodem
to work under Linux, that is).  As soon as I have
details that I can announce, I will send out a
note to this list.

Thanks in advance for your patience....

Wolfgang Fuschlberger wrote:

> On Thu, 06 Sep 2001, Roberto Burceni wrote:
> > Hi!
> > I'm a new subscriber of this list. I woul like to know if there's a support
> > form te internal modem of the notebook hp xe3. If so, where I could find
> > information?
> > I have Debian gnu/linux 2.2r3 with kernel 2.2.19.
>
> Hi!
>
> I've been playing around a bit with the lt-modem-driver.
> the modem gets detected, i can communicate with it (probably), but i can't
> dial out.
>
> send me a PM if you want to know the steps i took till now. everybody who
> wants to work on this is welcome (i sent this mail to the list some weeks ago)
>
> regards
> wolfgang
>
> --

Ciao,