Re: How to mail (userfriendly)?

Try mutt plus mutt's pop options to get your mail (assuming your
isp supports pop) plus ssmtp to forward mail back to your isp.  This
works for me, and is very light-weight.  None of these worked
out-of-the-box, but configuration was not too difficult -- perhaps an
hour of reading the relevent /usr/doc files and man pages, and fifteen
minutes of editing the configuration files.  Good luck.