Re: Real Time Clock

hi patrick,

i had the exact same problem...i fixed it (as in: no error message any
more, but it doesn't do what i originally wanted) anyway:

i recompiled the kernel again, this time adding <i forget the exact name,
but it's something with 'rtc' in it, you won't miss it if you just go
through make config or whatever you prefer...now, if you reboot it will
initialize your clock correctly using rtc as reference, HOWEVER for some
reason it didn't change to my timezone (don't know why that is) basically
i changed the rtc to local time and now everything is fine (i might have
to change time saving changes manually though, but hey...they don't happen
*that* often)

if anoyne could come up with a better explanation, i'd be very grateful!
in the meantime, hope this helps ;)

laters,

vester