Probs w/ DHCP & PCMCIA

Hallo,

I'm using Debian 2.2 on a Dell Latitude with Xircom ethernet
and modem card.  While everything works fine with a static
network configuration in /etc/pcmcia/network.opts, `pump'
seems to hang, when I want to use DHCP.  I tried to replace
pump with dhcpcd, but also without success.  The kernel I
use is 2.2.15 and I tried both pcmcia-{cs,modules} 3.1.8 and
3.1.19.  If I call pump -i eth0 manually I get an "Operation
failed".  A desktop system in the same LAN and Debian 2.2
works fine with DHCP (pump), but there's no PCMCIA network
card...

If anybody knows about such problems or even has a solution,
please respond.  Thank you in advance!

Bye,
--
W. Borgert <debacle@debian.org>