Re: Frozen distribution

On Thu, 16 Mar 2000, <stramiello@thanatos.resnet.gatech.edu> wrote:

[...]

> Anyone who's running XFree86 4.0...
> are there any noticeable advantages of it over the 3.x version?

TrueType font support, with two drivers, at least one of which I used
regularly as an external font server in pre-4.0 days.

I wouldn't recommend using 4.0 yet though. Wait for Debian to package
it, as this should give it time to work out bugs and improve hardware
support.

I don't use 4.0, yet, because I don't want to live without hardware
acceleration on my machine. :)

        Daniel

--
We propose to burn the academic libraries, because Theology
is only fanaticism, History is lies, Philosophy is dreams,