XFCom_NeoMagic in 2.1 = XF86_SVGA in frozen?

Greetings all,
	For a few months I had been running 2.1 on my Thinkpad
390E.  Recently, I upgraded to frozen and the frozen version of
Xfree86.  During the upgrade, it asked me if I wanted to keep using the
NeoMagic server, and I said yes.  It works fine.  Here is my question, can
I switch to a different server now?  Should I?  If so, which one.  Also,
is there some benefit of going to an "official" XFree86 server?

Thanks!
Bryan