laptop suggestion

I'm looking for a medium range laptop ($1200-$1600 Celeron 300 or better)
and I was looking for advice for one that works well, and has a painless
install of debian (I hate mucking around with Xconfig)

Does anyone have a sugestion, or advice what I should not get?

Thanks,
Clint

--
Clint Brubakken
Developer, Computer Science Services Group, LLC

  -- Linus Torvalds on Microkernels (Open Sources, 1999 O'Reilly and Associates)