Re: [RFR] templates://tgif/{tgif.templates}

Hi Christian:

On Sun, 2 Jan 2011, Christian PERRIER wrote:

Seriously speaking, I think that:

__Choices: Metric, Imperial/US

would be better. However, one needs to check how it is dealt with in
tgif's config file. If the debconf value is just put as is, it means
that "Imperial" is hardcoded in the software's code, so we shouldn't
change things or we'd have to use:

__Choices: Metric, Imperial/US
Choices-C: Metric, Imperial

The postinst script appends this value to the /etc/X11/app-defaults/Tgif file in the form of a line which reads

Tgif*GridSystem: Metric
Tgif*GridSystem: Imperial

Therefore, changing the option to Imperial/US will necessitate a rewrite of the postinst script. Of course I can do this if necessary but it will be somewhat more complicated than it is now. If anyone could tell me a method by which this line and the line would not need to be specifically appended to the /etc/X11/app-defaults/Tgif file but could be read from a /etc/default/tgif file (for example), it would solve another open bug. I have not been able to figure out a way to do this but I am not an expert on Xresources...

Carlo

--
Carlo U. Segre -- Professor of Physics
Associate Dean for Graduate Admissions, Graduate College