Re: xrdp package description

Vincent Bernat wrote:
>  Based on the work of rdesktop,

Does this mean that xrdp depends at runtime on rdesktop, or is it a
code fork with extra functionality?

> xrdp uses the remote desktop protocol
> to present a GUI to the user to log into a distant server.

Capitalise "Remote Desktop Protocol".  That "log into" should be
"log in to", which leaves you with too many "to"s.  How about:

  xrdp uses the Remote Desktop Protocol to present the user with a
  graphical login to a distant server.

>  xrdp is
>  able to connect the user to a VNC server, another RDP server or an
>  X11 session.

Simpler: "xrdp can connect the user to..."

>  xrdp enables the use of Microsoft Windows systems to connect to a
>  linux box without installing additional software.

Why doesn't Linux get a capital letter?  I presume this means:

   Microsoft Windows users can connect to a system running xrdp without
   installing additional software.

Something like this would also avoid the sentence-initial lowercase.
I've left out the word "Linux" on the grounds that it should work
equally well on Debian's Hurd and Kfreebsd ports!

>  Homepage: http://xrdp.sourceforge.net

The conventional wisdom is that this should be
    Homepage: http://xrdp.sourceforge.net
with an extra leading space to suppress wrapping.
--
JBR
Ankh kak! (Ancient Egyptian blessing)