Re: [TAF] templates://smstools/{templates}

Sorry about the lack of diffs.

> Template: smstools/configure

Users shouldn't need to know what debconf is, so the question should
be something like:

  Reject this option if you want to configure smsd manually.

(What reasons might there be for deciding to do it manually?)

> Template: smstools/config_exist
> Type: note
>  It has been detected that a previously created configuration file exists.
>  A backup of this file has been created in /etc/smsd.conf.bak.

Perhaps cut it down to something more like:

   The existing configuration file has been moved to /etc/smsd.conf.bak.

But why is the existing config being sidelined, anyway?

> Template: smstools/eventhandler

Should this be "Global event-handler"?

>  Specifies an external program or script that will execute,
>  whenever a message was sent, received or failed.

Tricky to fix.  Maybe "will execute whenever a message is sent or
received, or fails"?

>  This is useful e.g. when you want to run an email2sms gateway.
>  .
>  See the examples in /usr/share/doc/smstools/examples for details.

Seeing the examples still leaves me uncertain what kind of answer
this question is looking for.

> Template: smstools/devicenode
>  Defines the modem device. Usually this is /dev/ttyS0 for the first com-port.
>  But your setup may differ. For e.g USB-Devices you have to choice 'other'
>  and specify the appriopriate device node with its full path.

   Usually the modem device is /dev/ttyS0 (the first serial port), but your
   setup may differ; e.g. for a USB device, choose 'other' and specify the full
   path of the appropriate device node.

(The DOSism is "COM port" rather than "com-port" anyway.)

> Template: smstools/devicenodeother
> Type: string

That's the same as the last Description, only with Germanic caps.

>  This can be used to define a device node other then the previously
>  selection.

What for?  (Oh, and s/previously/previous/)

> Template: smstools/devicebaudrate
>  Most modems work well with a baudrate of 19200, but some modems
>  require another baudrate to work, e.g. 9600 Baud is another common value.
>  If your modem does not support any of the baudrates in the list, you have
>  to select 'other' and specify the appriopriate baudrate.

   Most modems work well with a baud rate of 19200, but some modems
   require a different baud rate such as 9600 baud. If your modem does
   not support any of the baud rates in the list, select 'other' and
   specify the appropriate baud rate.

Is this actually talking about baud rates, though, or does it mean
bits per second?  If so, cut down on the jargon where possible (it's
"modem speed").

> Template: smstools/devicebaudrateother
> Type: string
>  This can be used to define a baudrate other then the most-common baudrates.

   This can be used to define a baud rate other than the commonest values.

And do you mean bps?

> Template: smstools/deviceincoming
>  This defines if the device should be used to receive incoming SMS.

   Determines whether the device should be used to receive incoming SMS.

("SMS messages" is the commoner idiom, but then for consistency we'd
have to talk about PIN numbers, SIM modules and USB bus devices...)

> Template: smstools/deviceinit
>  Specifies a modem initialisation command. Most modems do not need any init string.
>  See your modem manual for more details about modem commands.
>  .
>  In most cases you can leave this field blank.

   Most modems do not need an init string (see your modem manual for details
   about modem commands), but if your modem needs one, enter it here.
   .
   Otherwise this field can be left blank.

> Template: smstools/devicepin
> Type: string
>  If your SIM needs a PIN to be unlocked, it has to be entered here.
>  .
>  You can safely leave this field blank, if it doesn't.

   If your SIM needs a PIN to unlock it, enter it here.
   .
   Otherwise this field can be left blank.

> Template: smstools/configureanothermodem
> Type: boolean
> Default: false

What no long description?
--