Re: [debian-knoppix] what are the plans to make Knoppix FHS 2.3 compliant - like Debian, etc

Fred wrote:

If I do have understood the document, /mnt should not be a list of mountpoint
but only a temporary mount point... so the symlink(s) will not feat to the FHS
2.3
But then I do not know what to do with disc partition (they are not
removable...)
I think hard disk partitions have to be regarded as removable in this respect for the sake of Knoppix, at least I do not see another option in the originally linked doument.

And of course hard disks could be removable without the system having any real way of knowing this (a hot-swapable drive doesn't appear any different to a non-removable one and while in one respect a usb drive can be seen as removable they also appear as scsi drives).

So it sounds like all traces of /mnt should become /media and /mnt should simply be left as an empty directory for manual use by the admin for temporary mounting.

Niall