[debian-knoppix] Kernel updates

With the discovery of a new kernel exploit, I would like to change the version
of the kernal I use to one of the standard Debian ones, so that I can use
apt-get to keep my kernel up to date.

Is this possible?  Much of the rest of the system is running Debian Unstable,
so changing to a kernel on that branch should not be a problem.  I just don't
know what options were compiled into the Knoppix kernel and if the important
options are available in a Debian kernel.

If it is, which is the best choice?

By the way, after two hours of fighting with the new Debian installer (*much*
better than the old installer,) I gave up and installed Knoppix on my new
computer in 20 minutes -- and most things just worked!

Peter A. Bonucci