Re: [debian-knoppix] knoppix security

Hi Peter,

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 15:00:33 +0100, Peter -lastfuture- Marquardt wrote:

[init=/bin/bash]
> strange, it causes kernel panic for me... interesting... -humms-
> i wonder what klaus knopper has to say about that.

Please, do NOT bother Klaus with hard disk installation issues.
I wrote the knx-hdinstall as a nice add-on, but the main purpose of
Knoppix is still running the system from CD.

He's got enough to do with the CDROM itself. BTW, most of the problems
with the installed system are just Debian problems and not Knoppix
specific. (actually most of those problems are PEBKAC)

To solve the init=/bin/bash issue, you must give more information
(which filesystem type, scsi or ide, lilo.conf, ...)

bye,
  Chris
--
Christian Perle                                   perle@itm.tu-clausthal.de