Re: Re: Immediate fallouts from the big linux changes, and actions

> Hm. This same argument can be used to include every storage- and
> filesystem-related
> module into the kernel.  Why don't we have ahci and sd_mod built-in?
> This does
> look quite a bit strange to me to include this stuff..

If you have a block device then there are very little advantages in
terms of workflows, as it's still going through a lot of slow paths.

This on the other hand enables the virtiofsd + qemu direct boot fast
path, which is increasingly popular for fast development cycles, and
changing those kconfigs brings us in line with other distros.

--
Kind regards,
Luca Boccassi