Re: firmware-atheros

On Sun, 2018-08-19 at 00:11 -0400, Timothy M Butterworth wrote:
> All,
>
> The current Ath3K firmware is failing to load on IMC Networks Atheros
> AR3012 Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter's This is relatively old hardware 5+
> years. I tested the hardware with Ubuntu 16.04 and it works.
>
> usb 1-1.1: firmware: failed to load ar3k/AthrBT_0x01020200.dfu (-2)

That's "file not found", which generally implies the package wasn't
installed when you plugged the device in.

There's another possibility that occurred to me: did you configure
initramfs-tools to include ath3k in the initramfs?  The ath3k module
doesn't declare all the firmware files that it might load, so this file
wouldn't automatically be included.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism. - Harrison