Re: Re: failure to insert the vfat kernel module

Hi there!!

Thanks you again about your kind help!!

OK, So I've read the Wikipedia article about the Union file system and
understood at least basically what things are supposed. but, please be
noted that I've edited and modified the new kernel's image name not
through the union filesystem interface (which in my case is the 'aufs'
filesystem) but through another writable filesystem and the changes are
written directly to the physical data and not to a copy of them which live
in the Union filesystem. I've also did a 'find' search and found the new
initrd.img which is corresponding to my new kernel image and I've
configured Syslinux to load also the new initrd.img, so why now does the
error persist to exist?

BTW, my new kernel image name was: 'vmlinuz.2.6.32-5-686'

Hope you have a solution! (I have posted this question in the live Debian
mailing list as you've advised me, but no one refer to it...).

Thanks in advance!!

atar.