Debian Etch kernel update on powerpc

Hi.

I'm new to the world of Linux, and have installed Debian Etch on my PowerBook G4. I guess you all know about the problems with airport extreme and Linux, so now I'v tried to update the kernel to linux-2.6.22.9. And now I've run into a problem:

After updating my kernel and installed it, the vmlinux-2.6.22.9 will not be accepted as "a valid ELF image".. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

I'm really stuck here, so if anyone can help please do.

ted