Re: The link /vmlinuz is a damaged link and The link /initrd.img is a damaged link due to lack of free disk space...

On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 08:59:38PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Wednesday 09 May 2007 20:08, Phillip Pi wrote:
> > Even though this is the same exact Kernel image version I am using, do
> > I still have to reboot now/soon? The version didn't change or
> > anything. It's just a reinstall.
>
> If you are certain that the package version (not only the package name) is
> identical and you did already reboot with that version, then it should
> not be necessary.

Earlier before I reinstalled, I ran this:

# apt-get install linux-image-2.6.18-4-k7
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
linux-image-2.6.18-4-k7 is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 3 not upgraded.

Then, I did a reinstall with as I shown you earlier in my last e-mail
reply: apt-get install linux-image-2.6.18-4-k7 --reinstall

Is this what you meant by same package version?
--
"What reason, like the careful ant, draws laboriously together, the wind of accident sometimes collects in a moment." --Friedrich von Schiller
  /\___/\
| |o   o| |         Ant's Quality Foraged Links (AQFL): http://aqfl.net
   \ _ /                 E-mail: philpi@earthlink.net or ant@zimage.com
    ( )