Re: Package management tool

I love KDE, but I am not aware of a full-fledged KDE-based package management
tool.  I often use KDE Discover to install updates, mostly because I want to
be aware of any improvements to Discover.  But I drop back to using Synaptic,
which is built on GTK, or apt on the command-line, when I need to do anything
more complex.  (In the settings I check “Show package properties in the main
window” and “Clicking on the status icon marks the most likely action”.)

Seeing as how managing packages is one of the core activities of using a
system, not having a really good program in KDE for doing so seems like an odd
oversight.  That being said, so far I haven’t been bothered by it enough to
volunteer to write a full-fledged KDE-based package manager, so, until I do, I
don’t have much right to complain about it.

--
Soren Stoutner
soren@stoutner.com