kdevelop cannot run lldb-mi

Hello,

I'm trying to debug within KDevelop.  When I select to debug a binary,
KDevelop shows a big error message "Could not start debugger.  Could not run
'lldb-mi'.  Make sure that the path name is specified correctly".

I can manually configure to use GDB instead of LLDB.  But supposing I want to
use LLDB -- what do I need to do?

Oddly: the llvm-toolchain-nn changelog states that "lldb-mi" was removed in
August 2019.  But if so: why does KDevelop continue to use it?  Elsewhere on
the web, I can see that others are still using lldb-mi [1] -- is the removal a
Debian thing?  If so, what is the Debian thing needed for kdevelop?

Thanks!
-Steve

[1] https://www.reddit.com/r/kde/comments/rfiwh4/
kdevelop_debug_could_not_run_lldbmi/