Re: Qt 5.7.1 => 5.9.1

On 08/30/2017 05:15 AM, Boris Pek wrote:
I may add that usage of XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP environment variable is broken
now in KDE applications from Sid, and because of it they look very ugly when
launched outside plasmashell or via `ssh -X ..`.

For example, dolphin lacks all file icons and icons at toolbar and menus.
Plus it uses some strange theme (not breeze).

Dolpin looks normal in my install.

Have you tried to launch it in openbox session or via ssh?

`export XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=KDE` for applying proper Qt settings does not work
anymore.

I have just found my old email [1] and looking at [2] I hope that this problem
will be fixed soon.

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2016/06/msg00034.html
[2] https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=plasma-integration&suite=unstable

I have just rebuild plasma-integration with Qt 5.9.1 in my system and this have
solved the problem for me. So when binNMU'ed packages will arrive archive the
issue will gone.

Boris, is that something I can do too? Do you have a recipe for the rebuild?

Best wishes,
Boris

Cheers,
--
Jimmy Johnson

Debian Sid/Testing - KDE Plasma 5.8.7 - AMD A8-7600 - EXT4 at sda1
Registered Linux User #380263