Re: Akonadi Database maintenance

On Saturday, 19 August 2017 18:10:03 UTC+1, Martin Steigerwald  wrote:
> Dominique Dumont - 19.08.17, 10:56:
> > On Thursday, 17 August 2017 23:23:56 CEST you wrote:
> > > $ mysql_upgrade --socket mysql.socket
> > > Looking for 'mysql' as: mysql
> > > Looking for 'mysqlcheck' as: mysqlcheck
> > > FATAL ERROR: Upgrade failed
> >
> > This looks like mysql-client-core-5.7 is not installed ...
>
> Or mariadb-client-core-10.3 on Unstable.
>
> --
> Martin

OK that was helpful. The issue for me was that this laptop has quite an old original installation. Somewhere along the way I changed to mariadb-client-core, but failed to update the legacy mysql server version from 5.6 to 5.7, so the tables were not updated. I have upgraded to the matching mariadb-server-core and reduced the number of errors in the server log from 60 to 2.

I don't suppose many people deliberately run a mixture of mysql/mariadb in this way, so it might be worth adding a check in the selftest. It also took me a while to find out how to run /usr/bin/akonadiselftest after making changes as it doesn't seem all that obvious in the documentation.

--
anxiousmac