Re: Lost mail, etc.

Hi Martin,

On Monday 30 January 2017 12:46:59 Martin Steigerwald wrote:

> > I have a lot of data in

> > ~/.local/share/akonadi/file_db_data

> > If this directory is pretty much empty, then your mail is probably gone. If

> > that directory is still huge, there seems to be some data left, not sure

> > how you recover the content though (it seems to be one file per mail, you

> > could open it with less or an other pager or editor).

> Sorry, thats dangerous half-knowledge.

> While it could be that something is in there, that Akonadi didn´t save

> elsewhere (yet), Akonadi is still mostly a cache. The real mail data is

> elsewhere.

I am sorry that I spread my half-knowledge... and many thanks for adding your explanation.

Is there a way to control the size of this cache?

Mine seems to be huge

rd@blackbox:~/.local/share/akonadi/file_db_data$ du -sh .

12G .

rd@blackbox:~/.local/share/akonadi/file_db_data$

and I would not mind reducing it to a lower single digit GB number.

Many thanks

Rainer

--

Rainer Dorsch